Thursday, November 1, 2007

Here's Al and Pete. . .



Here's a shot of the boys dressed up for Trick-or-Treating. M. made their outfits--the Apollo 12 astronauts. Not just "generic" spaceguys, the boys will tell you, but Apollo 12. That's Al Bean on the left and Pete Conrad on the right. Oh, and that's not the driveway. . .that's the Ocean of Storms. M. got the patches and the helmets from a space foamer site, and we made the backpacks (or, to you techies, Portable Life Support System, or PLSS) from boxes covered with fabric. So, GREAT JOB M.! Everyone loved the costumes, especially the boys.

The spacesuits and the boys' interest in space reminds me of my own childhood, when my mom sewed a spacesuit for me when I was about 10 years old. I'm sure the boys will get as much "after Halloween" use wearing these for make-believe as I did with my own. Or maybe Dad will join them and buy his own suit!

I'm on my last week of vacation this week. M. and I have an actual date (without the kids) Friday, E. has his last baseball game on Saturday, and we're leaving I. with M.'s aunt and uncle on Sunday and we're taking E. to the Nextel Cup race at Texas Motor Speedway. Then it looks like I'm off the hook on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (and I might try for Thursday as well) to head out for a few days of railroad photography.

It's all a little break before the next smack-down rears its ugly head: the upcoming Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season.

Which I'm looking sooooo forward to. . .

No comments: